Members of the KRPF receive a competitive salary and interesting benefits as part of their employment (updated January 1, 2021).
- A starting salary of $53,060;
- A salary of $94,199 after a period of 48 months;
- $8,500 to $20,861 paid as a cost of living allowance, depending of the assigned village and the number of dependants;
- Food allowance;
- Constables working in Nunavik may also benefit from tax deductions.
- An annual bank of 500 hours (approximately 12 weeks) that can be used as paid leave:
- 160 hours of vacation
- 120 hours of paid leave in lieu of statutory holidays
- 96 hours of sick leave
- A maximum of 124 hours of banked overtime
- 3 annual leave trips (return flights to point of origin);
- RRSP contributions: 6% employer, 4% employee;
- Group Insurance;
- A furnished apartment;
- Financial incentive applicable to new graduates of the ENPQ: upon presentation of the appropriate receipts, a police officer who has not been previously employed by a police force or organization will be reimbursed by the KRPF for tuition fees paid to the ENPQ provided she/he meets the following conditions:
- She/he has been in the employ of the KRPF for three calendar years;
- She/he is the incumbent of a permanent position.