In each community, activities such as school visits,
community council meetings and youth initiatives have been involving KRPF police
officers. They participated in breakfast programs, played sports with the
youth, attended holiday events, invited kids to visit the police offices and met
with community representatives and workers.
Awareness campaigns were also held on topics such as bullying,
road safety and criminal-related offenses. In 2018, the KRPF will continue its
efforts to contribute to the community and wants to reinforce its awareness and
sensitization campaigns, as well as creating new ones.
Activities in which the KRPF was involved
- Programs: Breakfast Program, Cadet Program;
- Visits to the Community Centre and the Youth Centre;
- Invitations to visit police stations and police vehicles;
- Consciousness talks on: substance abuse, bullying, suicide, road safety, firearms safety rules;
- Sports: physical education, fitness, hockey, soccer, basketball, etc.;
- Meetings with: school principals, town managers, community Councillors, mayors and several other community stakeholders;
- Events: Halloween (giving candies), Christmas (giving gifts, food and coupon), career fairs, carnivals, fishing competitions, parades, rallies, ceremonies, music concerts, literacy camps, festivals.