The KRPF continues to enforce the Nunavik-wide curfew, from 10 PM to 6 AM, for those who are not travelling for fishing or hunting reasons. The curfew was imposed as part of the measures to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The KRPF and the KRG Civil Security Section would like to remind Nunavimmiut who are planning on-the-land excursions to:
- Share with a family member or friend the planned itinerary and return time;
- Carry a communications device;
- Check the weather forecast;
- Carry essential survival equipment, such as:
- A tent and sleeping bags;
- Food for at least 48 hours;
- Extra oil and gas.